Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Static or Dynamic?

We live in a hybrid society. Much of what I do takes place in virtual environments. I communicate with many others daily through email, social networks, text messaging and other electronic formats; still personal communication is a big component of my social reality. I learn online, in a virtual setting, but I work teaching face to face, and most of what I learn is transferred in person. In other words, I find myself between static and dynamic ways and I enjoy it.

Dynamic formats are more exciting but static ones, when of good and relevant content, are very useful as well. There are many podcast series I enjoy, and honestly attending webinars and live chats is always challenging because they require full attention at specific times, with no flexibility. As far as communication though, the preference is for dynamic. Real time sharing creates opportunities for instant feedback.

The most important thing is to remember that quality and relevance are the goal. Dynamic does not necessarily equal better, and static does not represent obsolete. High quality content may come in different forms, so let's aim to create high quality dynamic educational tools, strategies and environments that are conducive to engagement and success. Simultaneously let's make sure there are static links to the new ways of learning: )

Responses:

Cynthia Shelton - http://shelcy316.blogspot.com/
Laurie Korte - http://lkortecc.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment